The Biggest Trends for Software Testing in 2020
- February 21, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
The software testing services market will grow by 12% in 2020-2023 and will reach USD $29 Billion by 2023. Here is what to expect in 2020:
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Testing.
That will mostly be relevant to reports and analytics
- Log analytics: Identify unique test cases that need manual and automated testing
- Test suite optimization: Detect and eliminate redundant, unnecessary test cases
- Ensure test requirements coverage: Extracting keywords from the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Predictive analytics: Forecast key parameters and specifics of end-users’ behaviors and identify application areas to focus on
- Defect Analytics: Identify application area and defects that ties to business risks
Test Automation in Agile teams
As more businesses adopt the latest Agile and DevOps processes to fulfill the demand for Quality at Speed, test automation has become an indispensable component. Test automation continues to lead by helping teams perform repetitive tasks, detect bugs faster and more precisely, provide continuous feedback loops, ensure test coverage. Therefore, organizations that implement automated testing in their QA processes can save a significant amount of costs, time, and human resources.
Big Data Testing
Big data testing is no longer a new trend. However, it is expected to grow exponentially as many industries are shifting toward a data-oriented world.
The trend of testing big data has been widely adopted, mainly because of the robust processes that most of the enterprises are following make the most of their marketing strategies.
QAOps helps increase the direct communication flow between testing engineers and developers by integrating software testing into the Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipeline, rather than having the QA team operate in isolation. In short, QAOps is defined in two key principles:
- QA activities should be incorporated into the Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, pipeline
- QA engineers should work in alignment with developers and be involved throughout the Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, process.
IoT testing means testing the IoT devices for security assurance, ease of use, trustworthiness, compatibility of device versions and protocols, the versatility of programming items, monitoring connection delay, scalability, data integrity evaluation, device authenticity, so on and so forth.
Demands for Cybersecurity and Risk Compliance
Security testing helps secure not only transactions (money or data) but also the protection of their customers. Since cyber threats can take place in any form, at any moment, security testing will continue to be an important trend in 2020.