7 Steps to Strategically Choose Quality Assurance Courses Online
- December 20, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Software QA
Have you decided to invest in furthering your career and improving your marketability by pursuing quality assurance courses online? Here are the steps to choosing a high-quality program.
1. Check the program’s accreditations.
Choose a course that has been vetted and approved by the Private Training Institutions Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training.
2. Find out if you qualify.
In order to be eligible for the program, applicants typically need user-level knowledge of Windows OS, MS Excel, MS Word, and the Internet. Some programs also require you to pass an entrance exam (free), the passing score being 60% in most cases.
3. Check the syllabus.
The best quality assurance courses online are highly detailed and comprehensive. By the end of the program, you should have all the skills you need to know to become a software tester. Choose a course that covers:
- How to find errors in software using the best techniques
- How to write bug reports and use Defect Tracking Systems
- Designing and writing test plans and cases
- Performing different types of tests (Smoke, Integration, Functionality, System, Regression)
- Utilizing test management software
- Creating/developing test automation scripts for (a) stress and performance testing and (b) function and regression testing
- Writing SQL queries and performing database testing
- Working with virtual machines
- Web architecture fundamentals
- QA standards and capability maturity models
- Writing a standout resume and cover letter
- Preparing for the interview and answering questions like a pro
4. Check the deadlines.
For how long can you access the course? If you think you’re currently busy with your school work or day job, then you can probably only devote an hour or two a day to online learning. Make sure to choose quality assurance courses online that give you 365 days of access.
5. Find out if there are internship opportunities.
Choose quality assurance courses online that include an internship so you can obtain real-world experience in the software QA industry, as well as references.
6. Find out if you can pay in instalments.
Certification courses in software QA are not cheap. If you would rather not pay the full amount right away, choose a program that you can pay for in 5 instalments.
7. Check if there is a money-back guarantee.
Some of the best online schools offering quality assurance courses in Canada offer a full refund of your tuition fee if you aren’t satisfied within the first 4 weeks or 4 lessons, whichever comes first.