- Lower costs. Online programs cost less than traditional schooling due to the absence of typical expenses associated with in-class courses (rent, utilities, insurance, etc.). Also, due to the virtual delivery medium, the cost of commuting and print textbooks is eliminated for the most part.
- A more comfortable learning environment. It’s your choice where to learn. Whether you want to stay home and listen to online lectures on your couch or hit up the new coffee joint around the corner, your classroom is anywhere with an internet connection.
- Convenience and flexibility. Since there is no fixed schedule, meaning you can study at your own pace and during the times you function at optimal capacity. Eight AM classes may be great for the early birds, but many people prefer to study later in the day or at night. An online education caters to YOUR schedule and study preferences.
- More interaction and greater ability to concentrate. Introverts find that forum discussions are easier to participate in than face-to-face classroom discussions. Online students also report a greater ability to focus without the distraction of other students.
- More options for career advancement. Most online courses can cater to real life events. You can study while working, while in-between jobs, or while taking time to raise a family.You have more flexibility in pausing your online course than if you would in a traditional school setting, where term deadlines are much more rigid.
- Keeping your day job. Due to flexible learning schedule, studying online gives you the option of keeping your day job. Enough said.
- No Commute. You don’t have to drive through a blizzard to write your midterm or final, and you can hand in your online assignments from anywhere in the world.
- Develop important technical skills. Pursuing an online education inevitably improves your technical skills, as students must learn to use learning management systems, various programs, upload/download files/assignments, install various software, etc. These skills are absolutely necessary for many IT professions such as programming, software testing, business analysis, etc.
Hitek Computer School http://hitekschool.com
Advantages of Online Education